.gif)
For those of you that know me, you will not be surprised to hear that I have blown up about 40 of my favorite travel photos. For the past 18 months, I have wanted to blow up my favorite photos and I finally found the time to do it. It feels good to pour water on the procrastination fire. The photos hang in the dining room...which brings a smile to my face every time I walk into my apartment. Seeing photos of Aker Brygge in Oslo, Table Mountain in South Africa, the canals in Aveiro, Portugal, and the spires of Oxford brings back all of the magical memories of living abroad. DANG, I miss it! I mean don't get me wrong, living abroad is not always easy, but it is an

exhilarating way to live your life. And, once you have experienced it you compare it to every subsequ

ent living situation. In Athens, there are days that I feel uninspired and bored with life here. When you live in a foreign country there is constant stimulation and learning to be had; not the kind of inculcation that occurs in the classroom. A simple train ride may teach you something that you would never anticipate. I guess this reflection means that I have not lost the desire to live abroad. In the meantime, I will live in the beauty of my photos, practice lots of yoga to keep me sane, and look forward to the next journey abroad.
1 comment:
Love the idea of posting your photos on the wall. How did you pick out the ones you would display? You have so many I would have arranged them differently, but that's just me. They are probably easier to view this way.
Post a Comment