Only one more month living in Athens, GA. Woohoo! From July 6 to August 5, Charlie and I are living in downtown Athens in a small one-bedroom apartment (approximately 500 square feet). Charlie moved into the apartment in May (see photos...four windows above Moonshine Bar and A1's Italian Beef). We love living downtown, despite living on top of an 18-years and older bar, where the music thumps deeply into our floors making our bed vibrate from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. almost every night. Nothing better than ear plugs!
Charlie especially loves the 5 a.m. wake up call when the leaf blower dude comes through every morning. With all of that being said, we do love being right in the middle of the action and walking everywhere (and the pandemonium below us becomes white noise at some point).My time in July has been filled with work, yoga, and details for the BIG move. I finally finished up grading papers from the South African study abroad course (ah!). At Rubbersoul studio, I teach two yoga classes every week. In addition, I work at the Office of International Education conducting research 25 hours/week. I really love this job and my boss; which will make leaving a little sad.
Prepping for a move abroad always comes with many little nuts and bolts, here are a few of the details:
- Shop around and purchase one-way airline tickets to Finland (woohoo!)
- Submit travel reports to Fulbright and American-Scandinavian Foundation for grant payment
- Transfer my prescription to the Fulbright health insurance plan
- Schedule and go to dental appointments for two fillings and a cleaning
- Work with banks to process wire transfers for grants (both Fulbright and American-Scandinavian Foundation)
- Sell my mountain bike to Ben's Bikes
Begin packing for Finland and our trip to Colorado (see photo of Charlie--planking and packing!)
2 comments:
frammasWow, Charlie has it going on. Not sure how the packing is getting done in that position. I gather that it has been quite the month with getting everything in order. Knowing you it ALL will get done.
One more pack job tomorrow and Wednesday, then unpack, unpack, unpack. I prefer unpacking!
Post a Comment