Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Natural Goodness: Mint Tea!



In the Netherlands, they like to go natural...even with their mint tea. I discovered this as I ordered a mint tea at a cafe with Corien. Next thing I knew I had a big beautiful glass of mint leaves seeped in hot water sitting in front of me. Heaven! No need for sugar or cream...it was delicious straight up. The only other time I have experienced REAL mint tea was in Morocco when we were treated to "Berber Whiskey".

2 comments:

Mama Weimer said...

The mint tea was probably as good as it looks. I thought you had to muddle mint to get to it's flavor as in a mint juliet.

About Me said...

Heaven, mom, H-E-A-V-E-N! Maybe you should plant some mint in your garden.