Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Long Weekend in Brussels

Here is a sweet little video highlighting the "extended" portion of our trip to Brussels. Even though it was rainy, Charlie managed to drink some beer and the Nikon snapped some fun "jumping" photos in Grand Place.

As much as I do NOT enjoy beer (yes, you did read that correctly), I do enjoy drinking beer in Brussels. Perhaps it is the beer culture that seeps into my palette or maybe Belgium beer simply tastes good. Whatever it is...the Kwak beer is one of my favorites and the most fun to drink. But, beer is hard to pack in your suitcase, so you must find something else as a souvenir to bring back to expensive Finland...chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

I can tell from your video that you have a love of Brussels. I can't see you drinking and maybe liking beer. You are a wine girl!