Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Friday, August 18, 2006



BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! My day ended with a birthday celebration for Greg, the crazy Aussie, who turned 29. We met up in the student village for some pre-party eats, drinks and laughs and then headed to campus for some beer garden action (yes, I put campus & beer in the same sentence, crazy huh?) Greg tried out his charm on some Norwegian ladies and got shot down. The Norwegians are known for their cold and reserved demeanor towards foreigners and birthday boy, Greg, learned this the hard way. Poor mate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to school. All I see is party, party, party!

About Me said...

Well, the life of a student is hard...write 10 page papers, read 600 pages and relax with a beer.