
Leasa's FUN FACTS about OSLO!1.) Norge men have audacious hair. They invest in and squander hair product. Spikey hair with the sides pushed forward is quite hot!
2.) Black & white checkerboard vans are making a HUGE comeback in Oslo.
3.) It's better to sit in the subway (t-bane) facing the direction you are traveling, rather than face backwards and feel like your inner cavity may explode.
4.) I'm considering taking on a new oral fixation...smoking! I might as well, I'm breathing in all of the second hand smoke of the perfu
nctory European smokers.5.) Try saying this one, it's a mouth full...Forskningsparken. It's a subway stop near campus.
6.) People get in "que" not in line.
7.) America is FAT! I have only seen 2 obese people in Oslo. For all I know...they were American.
8.) If the Norwegian voice of GOD comes over the speaker, while on the subway, and everyone else proceeds to get off...follow them! More than likely the subway is temporarily out of commission. First hand experience!
9.) BBC World News ROCKS! I get 15 channels, including Showtime, Norge MTV (they actually show music videos), Discovery, Animal Planet, BBC Prime & other Norwegian channels I don't understand.10.) Norge like to ask english speakers how to pronounce a local beer, "AASS pilsner". Then, they proceed to make "ass" jokes for the remainder of the evening. "I need to get myself another piece of ass." "Can I touch your ass?"
11.) Fishpudding is an interesting dish here in Norway...
12.) I have a prediliction for autumn in Oslo. The temperature is about 60-70 degrees...just beautiful!
13.) I find myself counting on my fingers to figure out what time it is, especially in the evening
. Norway is on military time.14.) You must pay for bags at the grocery. What a smart idea to conserve plastic! As you are checking out, they will ask you if you need bags then tack on .70KR (10cents) per bag.
15.) Takeaway is cheaper than eating in. At the cafe, a chai is 45KR (7.50US) if you plan to hang out and enjoy the cafe environment and only 36 KR (6US) if you takeaway.
16.) Norwegians believe that trolls live in the forest. Hence, the photos.
3 comments:
MORE TROLLS! keep the Trolls coming!
Even I learned a few things about Norway here! Forskningsparken makes me think of something nasty. If you take up smoking, I'm not talking to you again :) I didn't know about AASS beer.
Jack, you need to get yourself some aass! No worries I'm not taking up smoking but I will continue to take photos of the ubiquitous trolls of Norway.
Post a Comment