Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bath: The Spa City.

My last day trip! I wanted to experience the UNESCO World Heritage City where 2,000 years ago the Romans bathed themselves in natural hot thermal waters. I decided to make it an academic trip, so I scheduled an interview with a professor at the University of Bath and spent an additional three hours exploring the beautiful city of Bath. Built on hills, in the horizon you can see the countryside and the unique architecture of Bath. The Neo-classical circular buildings you see in the photo are houses and quite the trend in Bath property with the famous Circus and the Royal Crescent. The biggest score of the day was the 5pound vegetarian lunch, mushroom and lentil madras, and hot tea that I ate at the local pub, the Porter Pub. That is the one of the things I do love about the UK, you are always guaranteed a hearty, hot meal at the local pub and little did I know that this particular pub was voted one of the top 100 veggie eats in the UK.

Even though it was rainy and windy, Bath was definitely one of my favorite day trips outside of Oxford...the city, unique architecture, the hilly landscape all captured my heart.

No comments: