
When I lived in Colorado, my friend Jessie was the queen of the hip Denver social scene...she was always planning parties, outings, and introducing people to each other. Well, the other day I received an email:
"Hello, I am a friend of Jessie's from Denver and she suggested that we connect. I've just started on a Walkabout around the world and it sounds like you are also on an international adventure! I'm currently in the UK, staying with a friend up in the country, but I think that we're going to head into Oxford this weekend. Any chance you will be around and available to meet up for tea or a cocktail? Any friend of Jessie's has got to be super fun, plus I'd love to hear about your adventures!"
.jpg)
It is true...any friend of Jessie's is worth meeting. So, we met up last Sunday and enjoyed an afternoon in Oxford, sipping tea, eating scones, and touring the City of Spires. There is something to be said about the power of a social network, the Colorado connection, and meeting others who possess the same adventurous thirst. These natural networks make for good conversation! We talked ab
.jpg)
out traveling and how each of us have ended up living/traveling internationally. These connections with like-minded adventurous women always inspire me to keep adventuring, keep my eyes open, and continue taking a BIG bite out of life.
Happy Sojourns, Annie & Ashley!
3 comments:
Leasa - Ashley & I so enjoyed meeting you and getting to spend the afternoon with you in Oxford! We were delighted when we saw that we made your blog - what a treat! Hope to see you in London in a few weeks!
Happy trails, Annie
Friends are so important in ones life. I know that you have many and many more to meet out in the world. Love you as a daughter and "a friend".
Annie, It was wonderful to meet you and Ashley. You are the epitome of Colorado women flying by the seats of your pants. I love it (and can relate!) Best of luck with your travels.
Mom, yes, you are correct. Friends are very important and have made these travel experiences all the more memorable and special.
Post a Comment