Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA. The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Life Inside the UGA House in Oxford, England!
Here is a small glimpse of life inside the UGA house in Oxford. We recycle, cook, eat, and study!
3 comments:
Sam
said...
nice vid. do you watch much TV in the house? i hope so. im dying to know what you think of it, cos you know, will smith said he liked EASTENDERS!!! how cool is that?!?
No, I do not watch much TV in the house...but I did turn on the TV the other day and got sucked into the "Boot sale" show. For those Americans reading this, I must define "boot". The English call a car trunk a boot. So, it is a show about selling stuff out of the boot of your car, similar to a rummage sale or flea market; when many people come together and sell whatever useless stuff they think others may think are treasure. Oh, but when I was living in Europe a few years ago I could not get enough of the show, "Coupling"! So good!
I experienced a "boot sale" just last week when a friend of mine was selling necklaces. She makes them from yarn and they look just like strands of beads. Very pretty.
Your house is beautiful and everyone seems to enjoy living there. Looks like you have a few cooks living there. I know how you like waffles. I just hope there is much studying going on!!!!!!
3 comments:
nice vid. do you watch much TV in the house? i hope so. im dying to know what you think of it, cos you know, will smith said he liked EASTENDERS!!! how cool is that?!?
No, I do not watch much TV in the house...but I did turn on the TV the other day and got sucked into the "Boot sale" show. For those Americans reading this, I must define "boot". The English call a car trunk a boot. So, it is a show about selling stuff out of the boot of your car, similar to a rummage sale or flea market; when many people come together and sell whatever useless stuff they think others may think are treasure. Oh, but when I was living in Europe a few years ago I could not get enough of the show, "Coupling"! So good!
I experienced a "boot sale" just last week when a friend of mine was selling necklaces. She makes them from yarn and they look just like strands of beads. Very pretty.
Your house is beautiful and everyone seems to enjoy living there. Looks like you have a few cooks living there. I know how you like waffles. I just hope there is much studying going on!!!!!!
Post a Comment