In 16
05, a Roman Catholic dude, named Guy Fawkes, tried to blow up Parliament while all of the Protestant aristocracy and nobility were wining and dining. However, the "Gunpowder Plot" was foiled as he was arrested before the 36 barrels of gunpowder exploded. In commemoration of this foiled plot to kill the King, Guy Fawkes day is celebrated November 5 with fireworks and a
large effigies of Fawkes burned by bonfire.
The students decided to throw a party in the garden to celebrate Guy Fawkes day. As the rain spit on the party *see photo of "wellies" (plastic rain boots)* it did not stop us from grilling meat and smore's *see photo* (an American tradition with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate), and watching fireworks. Oh, and the most exciting part of the evening was when one of my students lit a firecracker and it nearly t
ook off my head (a near death experience I tell you!) 
ook off my head (a near death experience I tell you!) 
Another excitement of the evening was Christmas Pudding!
'Tis the season for Christmas Pudding! "Made with plump vine fruits, juicy glace cherries and walnuts laced with brandy, rum, and port". It is sort of like fruitcake, but more moist. James really enjoyed it... *see photo*
2 comments:
I think I would like the pudding. I LOVE fruit cake. I have one in my frig right now and am enjoying every bite of it. Who's idea for smores? They are yummy. You know I have a real sweet tooth.
Oh mom, you would LOVE Christmas Pudding. I may have to try to pack one of these bad boys in my luggage for you...even though it weighs a load.
Post a Comment